The Friends of the Sumter County Museum are an invaluable part of the Museum.
Their support provides funding for educational programming and new exhibits. It also allows the museum to continue to preserve the history of the Sumter area and to share that history with our community. Click here to learn more about our member benefits.
The Sumter County Museum is a private non-profit institution. While the county is most generous with assisting the museum with yearly funds, we raise the majority of our funding from the community. As you can see, the Friends of the Museum contribute a great deal to the museum!
The museum offers the following levels of support:
All Members Receive:
- Invitations to Special Events, Exhibit Opening Receptions, and Exclusive Member Events
- Subscription to Monthly E-Newsletter
- Annual Meeting Invitation and Vote- Hors d’oeuvres Reception
- Discount on Classes and Educational Programs (including summer camp for children)
- Early Bird Discounted Rate ($10 off) of Annual Oyster Roast and Shrimp Feast Tickets
- Recognition in Annual Museletter
- Tax Deductible
Williams-Brice Benefactor: $250
If you are interested in a corporate sponsorship, please contact the museum at 803-775-0908.
Sumter County Museum
122 North Washington Street
P.O. Box 1456
Sumter, SC 29151-1456
Hours: Thurs-Sat 10:00-5:00 Closed Holidays
Get Driving Directions